Professional UML Using Visual Studio .Net
ISBN/ASIN: 0764543768,9780764543760 | 2002 | English | epub | 360/0 pages | 10.6 Mb
Publisher: Wrox | Author: Andrew Filev, Tony Loton, Kevin McNeish, Ben Schoellmann, John Slater, Chaur G. Wu | Edition: 1
If you want to use Visio for Enterprise Architects to quickly design and create enterprise software, this is the book for you.
The integration of Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect and Visio for Enterprise Architects is a formidable combination. Visio offers powerful diagramming capabilities, including such things as creating UML models, mapping out and generating databases, and aiding the development of distributed systems. Visios integration with Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect means that C# or Visual Basic(r) .NET code can be generated from UML diagrams, thus giving your projects a significant kick-start, and Visual Studio .NET projects can also be reverse engineered to UML models.
This book will finally help you make the most of Visios time- and labor-saving features, and unleash Visios power for your enterprise development.
To use this book you must be comfortable with the basic concepts of UML.
What you will learn from this book
* Diagramming business components in Visio
* Generating code from UML models
* Reverse engineering Visual Studio .NET projects into UML models, with or without source code
* Documenting projects with UML and Visio
* Designing distributed applications with Visio diagrams
* Using Object-Role Modeling and round-trip engineering for database design