8 Ways to Great: Peak Performance on the Job and in Your Life
ISBN/ASIN: 0399156089,9780399156083 | 2009 | English | mobi | 128/0 pages | 0.33 Mb
Publisher: Putnam Adult | Author: Doug Hirschhorn
Read Dr. Doug Hirschhorn's posts on the Penguin Blog.
Discover the success secrets of top performers who thrive in today's toughest frontline corporate jobs
Hard-hitting and pragmatic, Hirschhorn's no-nonsense advice has inspired thousands via his lectures, one-on-one coaching, and media appearances. But 8 Ways to Great goes beyond inspiration to provide the practical tools that anyone can use-no matter what their profession or personal goals-to break through self-defeating behaviors and deluded thinking to truly excel.
1. Let your true passion be your core motivation.
2. Develop self-awareness and use what you know about both your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Set goals and game plans-and learn to love this process, because it is all about the process.
4. Identify your competitive advantage-what sets you apart and what will turn the odds in your favor.
5. Develop inner confidence that keeps you from judging yourself based on other's standards and expectations.
6. Keep your cool-and don't let emotions dictate your decisions.
7. Take risks yet act intelligently with imperfect information.
8. Be accountable.