Clinical Physiology of the Venous System
ISBN/ASIN: 9781461348740,9781441992826 | 2003 | English | pdf | 303/325 pages | 8.27 Mb
Publisher: Springer US | Author: Francisc A. Schneider M.D., Ph.D., Ioana Raluca Siska M.D., Ph.D., Jecu Aurel Avram M.D., Ph.D. (auth.) | Edition: 1
Clinical Physiology of the Venous System is a comprehensive overview of vein physiology.
– Presents data in the fields of venous physiology, pharmacology and venous diseases as well as the field of phlebology, which has seen rapid and important progress in the last decade.
– Recent developments in venous disorders are covered with regard to pathophysiology; most modern diagnostic methods and therapies.
– Venous tone regulation data is presented with a focus on neural; hormonal; local and myogenic control of venous smooth muscle. Special attention was paid to endothelium-derived vasoactive factors involved in the regulation of venous tone.
– Take home messages at the beginning of each chapter for quick review.
– List of key abbreviations used in the book.
– Well illustrated with teaching tables.
– Useful for any physician, researcher or student interested in vein physiology.