Harmonising Rock Engineering and the Environment: Proceedings of the 12th ISRM International Congress on Rock Mechanics, Beijing, China, 18-21 October 2011
ISBN/ASIN: 9780203135259,0203135253,9780415804448 | 2011 | English | pdf | 823/823 pages | 25.1 Mb
Publisher: CRC Press | Author: Qihu Qian (ed.), Yingxin Zhou (ed.)
Harmonising Rock Mechanics and the Environment comprises the proceedings (invited and contributed papers) of the 12th ISRM International Congress on Rock Mechanics (Beijing, China, 18-21 October 2011). The contributions cover the entire scope of rock mechanics and rock engineering, with an emphasis on the critical role of both disciplines in sustainable development and environmental preservation. The main topics include (but are not limited to):
• Site investigation and field observation.
• Rock material and rock mass properties testing (laboratory and in situ).
• Analysis techniques and design methods, modeling and numerical methods.
• Information system, artificial intelligence and other advanced techniques.
• Rock engineering in hazardous geo-environments.
• Rock breakage and excavation techniques.
• Underground storage of petroleum, gas, CO2, and nuclear waste disposal.
Harmonising Rock Mechanics and the Environment will appeal to professionals, engineers and academics in rock mechanics, rock engineering, tunnelling, mining, earthquake engineering, rock dynamics and geotechnical engineering.