Bioethics: Asian Perspectives: A Quest for Moral Diversity
ISBN/ASIN: 9789048165094,9789401704199 | 2004 | English | pdf | 242/232 pages | 5.14 Mb
Publisher: Springer Netherlands | Author: Ren-Zong Qiu (auth.), Ren-Zong Qiu (eds.) | Edition: 1
Bioethics: Asian Perspectives: A Quest for Moral Diversity:
– is the first volume on bioethics all contributors of which are exclusively non-western scholars;
– unfolds a rich and colourful picture;
– addresses thorny bioethical issues from comprehensive Asian perspectives and different from the western paradigm of bioethics;
– covers many topics including the intellectual foundation of Asian bioethics, bioethics and Asian culture, life and death, euthanasia and end-of-life care in Asia;
– shows in its discussions moral diversity in Asia;
– sheds light on the debate about universal ethics, global ethics and moral diversity.
The book is intended for senior undergraduate and graduate students interested in bioethics as well as for bioethicists, philosophers, physicians, scholars of Asian and culture studies, geneticists, sinologists, medical anthropologists, health administrators, health officials for relations with Asia, foundation officers for health programs in Asia, western journalists in Asia and officers of international organizations for Asia.